Moses,Mikel, Omeruo may get a new manager

The trio of Victor Moses, Mikel Obi, and Kenneth Omerou may get a new
manager at the end of the season if things works against current
manager Rafael Benetiz.The ex-Liverpool boss is keen to stay at
Chelsea long-term, but the Blues are known to admire former Barcelona
boss Pep Guardiola.
"If he comes and we've won a lot of trophies, I'll be very
pleased,"says Benitez
"Guardiola has a fantastic record."
After deciding to stay out of Coaching for while after winning his
14th trophy in four years as Barcelona coach in May, Guardiola has
been linked with a number of clubs, among them Chelsea, Manchester
City, Arsenal and Bayern Munich.
"Everybody is talking about Guardiola - Guardiola this, Guardiola that
- but Guardiola is just one man, he can go to just one club," said
Benitez, who was speaking in Japan ahead of Sunday's Club World Cup
final against Brazilian side Corinthians.
When asked how he would feel if Blues owner Roman Abramovich asked him
to leave at the end of the season, the Spaniard said: "When I decided
to come, I knew I was signing a contract for six or seven months,so I
was not thinking about more after these seven months."
Benitez has had a hostile reception since taking over at Stamford
Bridge, but the 52-year-old believes he can win over fans.
"After the improvement of the team, the way I will play [and] the
style I will have, I think a lot of fans will say: 'Maybe we were too
hard and we have to give him the chance to bring the confidence back
to the team and the fans'," concludes Benetiz.
Benetiz took over on interim basis from Roberto Di Mattoe in November
following the blues poor run.

Comments

Popular Posts